Things everyone should know before they burn.Putting this out there, if anyone would like the template let me know and I’ll consider sharing it.
- Moisture is bad. Burning unseasoned wood can cause creosote buildup.
- Green Firewood has up to 60% moisture.
- Seasoned Firewood has less than 25% moisture.
- Dont trust the color, use a moisture meter.
- Different wood takes different times to season. Oak & Hickory may require up to two years, while Ash and Maple may season in less than a year.
- Store your firewood off the ground, keep it dry and let it breathe.
- Harder, denser woods give more heat. Softer, lighter woods give less heat.
- A cord of wood is 8X4X4 feet stacked